Mrs. Avery Johnson Assaults Suns Fan
I can’t decide which is stranger:
- Former San Antonio Spur, and current Dallas Mavericks coach, Avery Johnson has been married for 14 years.
- Avery’s wife, Cassandra, assaulted a Suns fan and made an obscene gesture during her husband’s team’s loss in Game 4.
- Cassandra assaulted Rebecca Kettle and Jose Martinez because they kept standing and cheering, blocking the view of her children. She claims she asked them to “not get up so much so my son can see the game.”
- She lied about the assault, despite the fact that at least one witness said she ‘took at least three swings at the woman.’
- Cassandra later claimed: “I didn’t want to embarrass my husband or anyone in the Mavericks organization.”
- Dallas Mavericks backup center DJ Mbenga came to Cassandra Johnson’s aid.
- Mbenga was suspended for 6 games.
- Cassandra and Avery’s kids were sitting in seats bought by Avery, instead of tickets provided by the Mavericks.
- Rebecca Kettle was ejected from the game, but Cassandra was not.
- Mark Cuban called the whole thing a “non-event.”
I wonder if Cassandra is in Phoenix for tonight’s Game 6, where the Suns are up by 18 with 6 minutes left in the second quarter.