Things Can Only Get Better
- After their win against the Kings tonight, the Spurs have the best record in the league since the All-Star Break, winning 22 of 25. That includes victories against the Pistons, the Jazz and the Suns.
- Back in February, the Mavericks and Suns were running away from the Spurs and the rest of the league, and now the Spurs look like the team to beat. The Spurs face the Mavericks in four days.
- Steve Kerr thinks the Suns got nothing on the Spurs, and he’s right.
- Duncan may be the best defensive player and the league’s MVP.
- Ginobili is widely regarded as a leading candidate for the league’s Sixth Man.
- Popovich was Coach of the Month for March — the ninth time he’s received the award, which is just two short of Pat Riley’s record 11.
- ESPN ranked the Spurs #1 for Fan Satisfaction among NBA teams, and #2 among all sports franchises. Take that, Mavericks fans.
- A little icing for all this cake: the Mavericks could end up facing the Warriors in the first round, who beat them twice in two games this season. Avery, can you say “six game series?”
There are no trackbacks on this entry.